Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Book Cover!



I was recently asked to do a book cover for the series Profiles of Educators, published by the Student Press Initiative at Teachers College. Each book contains a series of profiles of different teachers, snapshots of their lives as educators, written by graduate students. They are lovely books. The cover needed to be concept-driven, and the professor I worked with had the idea of using old maps to convey the idea of mapping a life or career. I loved the idea, and ran with it. The cover is designed to be a wrap-around, with the map on the front cover, and the compass on the back cover. I had loads of fun with this piece, and appreciate the opportunity to work with SPI!

1 comment:

  1. Becca -- was just sending this link to a friend and saw this again. Gotta say, I just LOVE it!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete